<MP>Monday, 30 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 22:12:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Peter Regalado (1390-1456)
Peter lived at a very busy time. The Great Western Schism (1378-1417) was
settled at the Council of Constance (1414-1418). France and England were
fighting the Hundred Years' War, and in 1453 the Byzantine Empire was
completely wiped out by the loss of Constantinople to the Turks. At Peter's
death the age of printing had just begun in Germany, and Columbus's arrival
in the New World was less than 40 years away.
Peter came from a wealthy and pious family in Valladolid, Spain. At the age
of 13, he was allowed to enter the Conventual Franciscans. Shortly after his
ordination, he was made superior of the friary in Aguilar. He became part of
a group of friars who wanted to lead a life of greater poverty and penance.
In 1442 he was appointed head of all the Spanish Franciscans in his reform
group.  For more, follow the link below:

So he was left alone with the woman before him. Then Jesus straightened up
and said to her, "Woman, where are they?
Has no one condemned you?" She replied, "No one, sir." Then Jesus said,
"Neither do I condemn you. Go, and from now on do not sin any more."  ~John
8:1-11

How forgiving God is!  Jesus could have had the woman caught in adultery
stoned ... or at the least publicly humiliated.  But He didn't do that.  He
waited until everyone had drifted away and had a private encounter with Him.
Nobody had the courage to condemn her.  Jesus didn't condemn her either.  He
just told her to "Go, and for now on do not sin any more."  In our lives we
can be nervous about the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession). This
Gospel can help us take heart ... as we know beforehand the Lords mercy and
love.

I pray that I may turn back to the Lord with all my heart.  I pray that I
may not be afraid to say I'm sorry, or even to be embarrassed by how long it
has been since my last Confession.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary requests prayer for healing for a daughter who has kidney disease.
Peter from NY requests prayers for his sister and a neighbor who are
undergoing chemo therapy as a result of double mastectomies. Margaret asks
prayers for a special intention.

Sherry requests prayers for her son who is depressed while he is serving in
Iraq. Pauline requests healing prayers for her grandson who is experiencing
a terrible skin rash. A member requests prayers for her husband who has a
vision problem in his right eye, that it may respond to treatment.

Gretchen asks prayers for a special intention. Mary Anne asks prayers for a
special intention.