<MP>Monday, 29 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:50:22 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT OCTOBER 10th

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Michael, Gabriel and Raphael
Angels-messengers from God-appear frequently in Scripture, but only Michael,
Gabriel and Raphael are named.
Michael appears in Daniel's vision as "the great prince" who defends Israel
against its enemies; in the Book of Revelation, he leads God's armies to
final victory over the forces of evil. Devotion to Michael is the oldest
angelic devotion, rising in the East in the fourth century. The Church in
the West began to observe a feast honoring Michael and the angels in the
fifth century.  For more, follow the link below:

Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you believe because I told you that I
saw you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than this." And he
said to him, "Amen, amen, I say to you, you will see heaven opened and the
angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."  ~John 1:47-51

On the Feast of Michael, Gabriel and Raphael we recall that they are angels,
and that angels are messengers from God. Michael defends Israel against his
enemies. Gabriel appears to Mary and she agrees to bear the very Son of God
Himself! Raphael is mentioned in the Book of Tobit and heals Tobiah's
blindness and restores the family fortune. Each of these Archangels perform
a different mission, but all are messengers from God ... to defend, to
announce, to heal and to guide.

I pray that I may rely on God's angels to help me.  I pray that in my own
way I can defend others, announce God's work and guide others to the Lord
mostly by my own example.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Leila is asking for prayers for her granddaughter who is having seizures.
Amy asks prayers for several special intentions. Neil requests prayers for
his wife who is in in constant pain. Roz asks prayers for her sister, so
that she return to better health.