<MP>Monday, 29 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:16:57 -0500

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Narcissus of Jerusalem (d. 215)
Life in 2nd and 3d century Jerusalem couldn't have been easy, but Narcissus
managed to live well beyond 100 years.  There are many reports of his
miracles, including turning water into oil for use in the church lamps on
Holy Saturday when the deacons had forgotten to provide any. He was
appointed bishop in Jerusalem near the end of the second century.  Follow
the link below for more:

"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die, but if by the spirit
you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live."  ~ Romans 8:12-17

When Jesus saw her, he called to her and said, "Woman, you are set free of
your infirmity." ~ Luke 13:10-17

In today's Gospel Jesus refers to the woman who had been crippled by a
spirit for eighteen years as "daughter." We have received a spirit of
adoption, which gives us the right to cry, "Abba, Father!" We can rejoice in
our close relationship with Christ and his desire to heal us!

I pray that I may know that I can call God my Father.  I pray that I may
open myself to the Lord's healing touch, that I can grow in love and my
ability to reflect His love to those around me.