<MP>Monday, 29 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:20:56 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

P O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it at your computer or download to your MP3 player. Just follow
the ?Podcast? link from:  www.frpat.com

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Thirty-two are now registered.
Remember, to go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit
to Pentecost Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

M E M O R I A L    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Memorial Day page for:

*History of Memorial Day
*In Flanders Fields
*History of Labor Day
*Our Grief Support Page
*Search for names on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall.
*Flag Etiquette
*Use the on-line referral form to recommend this special
   page to family members and friends.

Just click the link at:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M     F A T H E R    P A T
Somebody want?s to give you money?

Most of us have received e-mails, mostly from Nigeria or another African
Country.  They come from various relatives of someone who died with a lot of
money, who wants to get money out of the country and give some to you, who
wants to give to charity, who is dying of an incurable disease and wants to
do something nice for you.  They most often ask for your phone number,
e-mail address and other information.  Then they?ll contact you and want to
send a check, or transfer the money directly into your bank account.  Of
course they?ll need account numbers.  It?s a SCAM every time.  Somebody
actually sent me a check for four thousand dollars this year.  I was
supposed to wire $2000 to someone in Florida and keep the rest.  Needless to
say the account didn?t exist and the check would have bounced, after I?d
sent money on.  The best tip ? don?t respond!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"We, however, will not boast beyond limits, but will keep within the field
that God has assigned to us, to reach out even as far as you. For we were
not overstepping our limits when we reached you; we were the first to come
all the way to you with the good news of Christ.  We do not boast beyond
limits, that is, in the labors of others; but our hope is that, as your
faith increases, our sphere of action among you may be greatly enlarged, so
that we may proclaim the good news in lands beyond you, without boasting of
work already done in someone else's sphere of action.  'Let the one who
boasts, boast in the Lord.'"  ~2 Corinthians 10:13-17

I can try to help others.  I can try not to let a day pass without reaching
out an arm of love to someone.  Each day I can try to do something to lift
another human being out of the sea of discouragement into which he or she
has fallen.  My helping hand is often needed to raise the helpless to
courage, to strength, to faith, to health.  In my own gratitude, I can turn
and help others with the burden that is pressing too heavily upon them.

I pray that I may be used by God to lighten many burdens.  I pray that many
souls may be helped through my efforts.

Gary asks prayers to sell their house because they have an accepted offer to
purchase another property contingent on selling their current house. A
mother asks prayers that daughter and fiancé peacefully find home to live in
before wedding this September. Grace ask prayer for her son to overcome his
addiction from alcohol.

Jeanie asks prayers for her daughter who is suffering from emotional
difficulties from a custody dispute, thus she has taken a wrong turn down a
wrong road. Nancy from PA requests prayers for all veterans, living and
dead, as well as those presently serving in our armed forces, that they may
be honored for their services, not just on Memorial Day, but every day.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.