<MP>Monday, 29 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:53:51 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Ludovico of Casoria 1814-1885)
Born in Casoria (near Naples), Arcangelo Palmentieri was a cabinet-maker
before entering the Friars Minor in 1832, taking the name Ludovico. After
his ordination five years later, he taught chemistry, physics and
mathematics to younger members of his province for several years. In 1847 he
had a mystical experience which he later described as a cleansing. After
that he dedicated his life to the poor and the infirm, establishing a
dispensary for the poor, two schools for African children, an institute for
the children of nobility, as well as an institution for orphans, the deaf
and the speechless, and other institutes for the blind, elderly and for
travelers. In addition to an infirmary for friars of his province, he began
charitable institutes in Naples, Florence and Assisi. He once said,
"Christ's love has wounded my heart." This love prompted him to great acts
of charity.

For more, follow this link:

I, the LORD, have called you for the victory of justice, I have grasped you
by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light
for the nations, To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from
confinement,
and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness. ~Isaiah 42-:1-7

The large crowd of the Jews found out that he was there and came, not only
because of him, but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead.
And the chief priests plotted to kill Lazarus too, because many of the Jews
were turning away and believing in Jesus because of him. ~John 12:1-11

The tides turn against Jesus. His promise is great, but there are so many
who are trying to hold onto their own positions and ways of life. In their
minds, Jesus is in the way.  We enter into this Holy Week ready to
experience all the emotions of the human heart.  May we walk with Jesus and
turn to him with all our heart.

I pray that I may seriously enter the mysteries of this most Holy Week.  I
pray that I may turn to the Lord with all my heart and anticipate the
rewards His sacrifice brings.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Carol asks prayers for her friend who is being treated for a raw blood
disorder which is effecting her kidney. Mom request prayers for daughter who
lost her job , prayers that God will find just the right job for her. Neil
requests prayers that the tumor on his nephew's spine will prove to be non
cancerous and non invasive and that the surgeon will be able to remove it
without complications. Bill asks prayers of Thanksgiving for several favors
granted by God.

Luvina gives thanks for the progress her grandson has made since having
brain surgery in California in January and asks prayers for other health
issues among her family. Roseann asks prayers for her friend who wants to
enter the priesthood. Pray for someone who is dealing with a drug addition;
that she seeks the help she needs. Rebecca requests prayers for her daughter
who she wants to come back to the Church.

Donna asks prayers for her 29 year old co-worker who died suddenly in her
sleep, that her significant other and 3 small children be held tightly in
God love during this most trying time. A member requests prayers or her
uncle who has had a Bone Marrow Transplant. That it may be successful, with
God's grace, and help him to heal from his Cancer. A member requests prayers
that her home is sold quickly to help resolve financial difficulty.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse