<MP>Monday, 29 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:43:16 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    I N    R O C H E S T E R
I moved back in to the Transplant House in Rochester today.  Tomorrow I
have a CT Scan at 7:30 in the morning, then have a new Central Line
(catheter into the jugular vein) implanted.  Read much more at my blog,
updated every day at:  www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

St. Egwin (d. 717)
You say you’re not familiar with today’s saint? Chances are you
aren’t—unless you’re especially informed about Benedictine bishops who
established monasteries in medieval England.
Born of royal blood in the 7th century, Egwin entered a monastery and was
enthusiastically received by royalty, clergy and the people as the bishop
of Worcester, England. As a bishop he was known as a protector of orphans
and the widowed and a fair judge. Who could argue with that?
  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

For all that is in the world, sensual lust, enticement for the eyes, and a
pretentious life, is not from the Father but is from the world. Yet the
world and its enticement are passing away. But whoever does the will of
God remains forever. ~1 John 2:12-17

The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God
was upon him. ~Luke 2:36-40

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

As Jesus grew up he “became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of
God was upon Him.”  He knew what was valuable in life.  He never owned a
home or even had a bed of his own.  He was God-centered.  He reached out
to all those around Him and gave all he had. For us we can be seduced by
the things of the world.  Yet the world and its enticement are passing
away.  We can learn from Jesus.  If we do the will of God we will remain
forever!

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that God’s values may become more and more my values.  I pray that
I can use the things of the world more sparingly and rely more totally on
God and the things that will last forever.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful
for John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he
shares with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one
another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10