<MP>Monday, 28 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:49:42 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Wenceslaus (907?-929)
If saints have been falsely characterized as "otherworldly," the life of
Wenceslaus stands as an example to the contrary: He stood for Christian
values in the midst of the political intrigues which characterized
10th-century Bohemia.
He was born in 907 near Prague, son of the Duke of Bohemia. His saintly
grandmother, Ludmilla, raised him and sought to promote him as ruler of
Bohemia in place of his mother, who favored the anti-Christian factions.
Ludmilla was eventually murdered, but rival Christian forces enabled
Wenceslaus to assume leadership of the government.
His rule was marked by efforts toward unification within Bohemia, support of
the Church and peace-making negotiations with Germany, a policy which caused
him trouble with the anti-Christian opposition. His brother Boleslav joined
in the plotting, and in September of 929 invited Wenceslaus to Alt Bunglou
for the celebration of the feast of Sts. Cosmas and Damian (September 26).
On the way to Mass, Boleslav attacked his brother, and in the struggle,
Wenceslaus was killed by supporters of Boleslav.  For more, follow the link
below:

I will bring them back to dwell within Jerusalem. They shall be my people,
and I will be their God, with faithfulness and justice. ~Zechariah 8:1-8

Then John said in reply, "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your
name and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow in our company."
Jesus said to him, "Do not prevent him, for whoever is not against you is
for you." ~Luke 9:46-50

It can be so tempting for us to judge others, deciding whether they're good
or bad, with us or against us. Jesus says, "whoever is not against you is
for you."  That's a great place to start.  Then we can build bonds and
bridges, helping them as they help us. And we will be God's people, and He
will be our God.

I pray that I may not judge others.  I pray that I may forge relationships
with many people, and that together we may come close to the Lord who
constantly yearns to draw closer to us.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Karen asks  for prayers for her brother-in-law, father of eight,  who is
having back surgery.  Marilyn asks prayers for her granddaughter who is
single and just found out that she is pregnant that she may make wise
decisions in regards to the baby's future.