<MP>Monday, 27 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:10:59 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Bartholomew of Vicenza (c. 1200-1271)
Dominicans honor one of their own today, Blessed Bartholomew of Vicenza.
This was a man who used his skills as a preacher to challenge the heresies
of his day.
Bartholomew was born in Vicenza around 1200. At 20 he entered the
Dominicans. Following his ordination he served in various leadership
positions. As a young priest he founded a military order whose purpose was
to keep civil peace in towns throughout Italy.  For more, follow the link
below:

Brothers and sisters: Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one
another as God has forgiven you in Christ. ~Ephesians 4:32-5:8

This daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound for eighteen years now, ought
she not to have been set free on the Sabbath day from this bondage?" When he
said this, all his adversaries were humiliated; and the whole crowd rejoiced
at all the splendid deeds done by him. ~Luke 13:10-17

On one hand, Paul exhorts his brothers and sisters to be kind, compassionate
and forgiving.  ON the other, Jesus is criticized for curing on the Sabbath.
What a chance to for us to understand that healing is kind and
compassionate.  It would have been cruel and unkind not to seize the
opportunity to cure a woman who had been bound down for eighteen years.
Jesus is able to see through the hypocrisy even of the religious leaders of
His time.  Let us always seek the Lord's wisdom that we may always be kind,
compassionate and forgiving as He is.

I pray that I may see past hypocrisy and be compassionate, kind and
forgiving.  I pray that I may notice those in need of God's strength and
love and offer it to them.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tina offers prayers of thanksgiving that she and her son weren't hurt any
worse during their wreck yesterday;  also, thanksgiving that her son's
Catholic high school application interview went so well. Cherie request
prayer's for someone of healing as she was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer.
Sandra asks prayers for a special intention.

Agnes asks prayers for daughter so she finds a job. A member requests
prayers that we elect a Pro-Life President. Angela asks prayers for a
special intention.