<MP>Monday, 27 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:42:37 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and
seeing that he answered them well, he asked him, 'Which commandment is the
first of all?' Jesus answered, 'The first is, 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our
God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,
and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.'
The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no
other commandment greater than these."  ~Mark 12:28-31

To truly desire to do God's will , therein lies happiness for us.  We can
start out wanting our own way.  We want our wills to be satisfied. We can
take and not give.  Gradually, we can find that we are not happy when we are
selfish, so we begin to make allowances for other peoples' wills.  But this
again dos not give us full happiness, and we begin to see that the only way
to be truly happy is to try to do God's will.  In these times of meditation,
we can seek to get guidance so that we can find God's will for us.

I pray that I may subordinate my will to the will of God.  I pray that I may
be guided today to find God's will for me.

Mary asks prayers someone who is having surgery on Friday. Lynn asks prayers
for her husband, that he will end temptation of other women, and return to
his marriage. Yssa asks prayers for her dear friend to get that new job soon
as ER Manager for an Australian State Government Organisation. Marisa asks
for prayers for herself that all will be favorable at a Doctor appointment
Monday.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm