<MP>Monday, 27 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:30:15 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Joan of the Cross (1666-1736)
An encounter with a shabby old woman many dismissed as insane prompted St.
Joan to dedicate her life to the poor. For Joan, who had a reputation as a
businesswoman intent on monetary success, this was a significant conversion.
Born in 1666 in Anjou, France, Joan worked in the family business-a small
shop near a religious shrine-from an early age. After her parents' death she
took over the shop herself. She quickly became known for her greediness and
insensitivity to the beggars who often came seeking help.  For more, follow
the link below:

But when the judge died, they would relapse and do worse than their
ancestors, following other gods in service and worship, relinquishing none
of their evil practices or stubborn conduct.  ~Judges 2:11-19

The young man said to him, "All of these I have observed. What do I still
lack?" Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be perfect, go, sell what you have
and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come,
follow me."
When the young man heard this statement, he went away sad, for he had many
possessions. ~Matthew 19:16-22

"I will do anything, but ... " That was the young man's downfall in today's
Gospel.  His possessions were many, and he clung to them. He thought he'd be
"safe" because he was living such a good life.  But Jesus tells him how to
achieve perfection.  But it was too much.

I pray that I may be open to God's call wherever it leads me. I pray that I
may be willing to achieve perfection, and not hold anything back from God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Kathie asks prayers for her grandson whose parents are separating. Kris and
Mike asks prayers for their son who is in a drug rehab and that that the
Holy Spirit will guide him. Nigel, requests prayers that his Dad's
creatinine level comes down. Melva requests prayers for her great niece, who
has a brain tumour, giving thanks for her improvement so far and prayers for
her continued recovery as she undergoes chemotherapy.