<MP>Monday, 26 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:17:18 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

Blessed Contardo Ferrini (1859-1902)
Contardo Ferrini was the son of a teacher who went on to become a learned
man himself, one acquainted with some dozen languages. Today he is known as
the patron of universities. Born in Milan, he received a doctorate in law in
Italy and then earned a scholarship that enabled him to study
Roman-Byzantine law in Berlin. As a renowned legal expert, he taught in
various schools of higher education until he joined the faculty of the
University of Pavia, where he was considered an outstanding authority on
Roman law.  For more, follow the link below:

For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you
received a spirit of adoption, through which we cry, "Abba, Father!" ~Romans
8:12-17

But the leader of the synagogue, indignant that Jesus had cured on the
sabbath, said to the crowd in reply, "There are six days when work should be
done. Come on those days to be cured, not on the sabbath day." The Lord said
to him in reply, "Hypocrites! ~Luke 13:10-17

We have a wonderful closeness with God.  And God responds to our needs with
such generosity.  Jesus didn't even shrink from healing on the Sabbath.
Many were ready to criticize, but Jesus called them what they were,
"Hypocrites." May we be close the Lord and respond with love to those who
need our help as Jesus did.

I pray that I may be grateful for the Lord's closeness.  I pray that I may
reach out and help others as Jesus did, whether or not others criticize.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Michele asks prayers for two intentions. Nancy from PA requests prayers for
a local two-year-old boy who suffers from a rare type of brain cancer. Mary
asks prayers for a special intention. Melva asks prayers for a special
intention.

Donna asks prayers for her friend who is having surgery Monday for a
recurrent cancer, that they are able to get everything so that no further
treatment is needed. Richard asks prayers for a special intention.

Brian requests prayer support for friend who will soon have bypass surgery
for severely clogged arteries, and she is morbidly obese and has sugar
diabetes and other issues. Joanna requests prayers for the Pastor of her
Parish who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.