<MP>Monday, 26 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:34:55 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!
They make great Christmas Gifts!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Catherine of Alexandria (c. 310)

According to the Legend of St. Catherine, this young woman converted to
Christianity after receiving a vision. At the age of 18, she debated 50
pagan philosophers. Amazed at her wisdom and debating skills, they became
Christians-as did about 200 soldiers and members of the emperor's family.
All of them were martyred.  For more, click the link below:

He said, "I tell you truly, this poor widow put in more than all the rest;
for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth, but she,
from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood."  ~Luke 21:1-4

We give praise to God by being generous with those who need our help.  Jesus
gave all he had for us.  The poor widow in today's Gospel gave from her
poverty, and is praised by Jesus.

I can see my belongings as blessings that have come from God, that I can use
to glorify God.  I pray that I may hot be miserly. I pray that may be
exceedingly generous with my gifts, as was the poor widow who gave not from
her excess, but from her poverty.