<MP>Monday, 26 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:58:44 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N

Early sign-up discount has ended ... BUT ...

The $100 early sign-up discount ended on Saturday 24, June ... but that was
a weekend.  I don't believe Gary, at Pentecost Tours, will have to surrender
remaining seats until Monday the 26th.  If you'd still like to join us, call
Pentecost Tours right NOW ... and leave a message with your name(s), phone
number, etc.  Tell them you intend to sign up for Father Pat's October
Pilgrimage and that you'll call to register EARLY on Monday Morning.  Gary
is generally in the office as early as 3 a.m., since that's the best time to
communicate with hotels, etc. in Europe.

Here's the number:

    1 800 713-9800

Pentecost Tours needs to surrender some seats on Monday.  The number he can
hold is based on how many are signed up at that time.  So, if forty are
signed up it is likely that Gary will only be able to hold on to three to
five more seats.  He'll have to make those arrangements with the airline on
Monday.  Once those seats are sold it may be possible to obtain seats, but
most likely at a higher price, since negotiations for this special price
were done many months ago, and for a block of fifty seats.

FORTY are currently signed up and our goal of 36 has been surpassed.  I
believe two to seven more are in the process of signing up.

We have ROOM FOR FIFTY, so AT THIS MOMENT ten possible spaces remain.

Early Sign-up Deadline is TODAY, 24 June. Price rises $100 after that, if
seats are available.

If you're planning to sign up, call Pentecost Tours NOW and LEAVE A MESSAGE
with your name, phone number and expressing your intent to sign up ... then
call on Monday to make arrangements.  Gary usually gets to work by 3 a.m.,
so don't be afraid to call early. If you call before he has to give up the
seats I believe you'll still get the early sign-up discount. I believe
they'll assign seats in the order that people call in and then make
arrangements.

       1 800 713-9800

This will be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem, Fatima),
Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona & Javier)
and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux). Out farewell dinner will be in a
restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

The brochure is now on-line, along with a map and links to our hotels! The
very reasonable price includes transportation, luggage transfers, all
admissions, guide, escort, all breakfasts and dinners and even a packed
lunch for the 1st Class train ride from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll
celebrate daily Mass and pray the Rosary when we're traveling. Our dinner on
the last night will be served in one of Altitude 95, a restaurant within the
Eiffel Tower in Paris. For complete details, follow the link from:

www.frpat.com

Still on the fence?  Read comments on the quality of our Pilgrimages from
some of our former Pilgrims.

   http://www.frpat.com/pilgrims_comments.htm

Charlie will be joining this year's Pilgrimage, his third with us . . .

     From Father Pat Umberger

"There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair
under the heavens."  ~Ecclesiastes 3:1

There is a proper time for everything.  I can learn not to do things at the
wrong time, that is, before I am ready or before conditions are right.  It
can be a temptation to do something at once, instead of waiting until the
proper time.  Timing is important.  I can learn, in the little daily
situations of life, to delay action until I am sure that I am doing the
right thing at the right time.  So many live lack balance and timing.  In
the momentous decisions and crises of life, they may ask God's guidance, but
into the small situations of life, they often rush alone.

I pray that I may delay action until I feel I am doing the right thing.  I
pray that I may not rush in alone.

Dottie asks prayers for a friend who will have a biopsy on Monday. Frieda
asks prayers for a special intention. Ivy asks prayers for someone having a
hard time recovering from liver cancer treatment.

Member Judy requests prayers for 8 St. Mary's Burlington WI parishioners who
are going on pilgrimage to Uganda to visit their twin parish leaving on June
30, 2006. Letty asks prayer for her daughter and husband to resolve their
marital problem. Fanny asks for prayers for someone who is finally resting
in peace after a year long fight with cancer.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.