<MP>Monday, 26 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:53:15 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Pedro de San José Betancur (1626-1667)
Central America can claim its first saint with the July 30 canonization of
Pedro de Betancur by Pope John Paul II in Guatemala City. Known as the "St.
Francis of the Americas," Pedro de Betancur is the first saint to have
worked and died in Guatemala. Calling the new saint an ?outstanding example?
of Christian mercy, the Holy Father noted that St. Pedro practiced mercy
?heroically with the lowliest and the most deprived.? Speaking to the
estimated 500,000 Guatemalans in attendance, the Holy Father spoke of the
social ills that plague the country today and of the need for change. ?Let
us think of the children and young people who are homeless or deprived of an
education; of abandoned women with their many needs; of the hordes of social
outcasts who live in the cities; of the victims of organized crime, of
prostitution or of drugs; of the sick who are neglected and the elderly who
live in loneliness,? he said in his homily during the three-hour liturgy.

If then God gave them the same gift he gave to us when we came to believe in
the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to be able to hinder God?? When they heard
this, they stopped objecting and glorified God, saying, ?God has then
granted life-giving repentance to the Gentiles too.? ~Acts 11:1-18

I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved, and will come in and
go out and find pasture. A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and
destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.?
~John 10:1-10

In our First Reading people are confronted with the fact that God has
gratned life-giving repentance to the Gentiles also.  In our Gospel we are
called to keep the gate open for all people to enter into faith and the
Church.

I pray that I may accept all people as my brothers and sisters.  I pray that
I may keep my heart open and help all people feel welcome to faith and my
Parish.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.