<MP>Monday, 25 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:37:04 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks,
by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe; for
indeed our God is a consuming fire.  ~Hebrews 12:28-29

Whenever we seek to worship God, we think of the great universe that God
rules over, of creation, of mighty law and order throughout the universe.
Then we feel the awe that precedes worship.  I too can feel awe, feel the
desire to worship God in wondering amazement.  My mind is in a box of space
and time and it is so made that I cannot conceive of what is beyond space or
time, the limitless and the eternal.  But I know that there must be
something beyond space and time, and that something must be the limitless
and eternal Power behind the universe.  I also know that I can experience
that Power in my life.

.=:  P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may accept the limitless and eternal Spirit.  I pray that it
may express itself in my life.

Lynn asks prayers for her mother, brother and sister-in-law who each have
special concerns that God will bring them each a calm and healing spirit.