<MP>Monday, 25 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 17:37:22 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Louis of France (1226-1270)
At his coronation as king of France, Louis bound himself by oath to behave
as God's anointed, as the father of his people and feudal lord of the King
of Peace. Other kings had done the same, of course. Louis was different in
that he actually interpreted his kingly duties in the light of faith. After
the violence of two previous reigns, he brought peace and justice. He was
crowned king at 12, at his father's death. His mother, Blanche of Castile,
ruled during his minority. When he was 19, (and his bride 12) he was married
to Marguerite of Provence. It was a loving marriage, though was not without
challenge. They had 10 children.  For more, follow the link below:

We always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and
powerfully bring to fulfillment every good purpose and every effort of
faith, that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in
him, in accord with the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ. ~1
Thessalonians 1:1-5, 11-12

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You traverse sea and
land to make one convert, and when that happens you make him a child of
Gehenna twice as much as yourselves. ~Matthew 13:13-22

We need to do better than the scribes and Pharisees. If we follow in the
footsteps of Jesus, then others will want to be like us and come to deeper
faith themselves. May God make us worthy of Him calling and powerfully bring
us to fulfillment and every good purpose and every effort of faith, that the
name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in us, and we in Him!

I pray that I may follow God's calling, that the name of our Lord Jesus may
be glorified in me, and me in Him.  I pray that I may walk in the footsteps
of Jesus and, by my example, help others to do so.