<MP>Monday, 24 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:50:50 -0500

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Many seem to enjoy the new format.  Some say that they like to
attend Daily Mass, but cannot always do so.  Morning Prayer keeps them in
touch with the daily Scriptures and Saint of the day. Not all priests preach
on all weekdays. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete
way to apply Scriptures to our lives. Clergy too, appreciate the simple
ideas found in both Morning Prayer and This Weekend.  Family members and
friends can learn more by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Monday of the twenty-fifth week in Ordinary Time, Year C.

"The Lord has done marvels for us."  ~Psalm 126

"Jesus said to the crowd: "No one who lights a lam conceals it with a vessel
or sets it under a bed; rather, he places it on a lamp stand so that those
who enter may see the light."

Saint Pacifico of San Severino (1653-1721)

"Moreover, I advise and admonish the friars that in their preaching, their
words should be examined and chaste. They should aim only at the advantage
and spiritual good of their listeners, telling them briefly about vice and
virtue, punishment and glory, because our Lord himself kept his words short
on earth" (St. Francis, Rule of 1223, Ch. 9).

Sometimes we hang back, letting others accomplish good things. We might
think they're more qualified or may do a better job. We can consider the
fact that God has filled US with many gifts and talents.  It's a shame when
we hide them. How proud Jesus is when we use them to make things better,
like a "lamp on a lamp stand, so that those who enter may see the light."

I pray that I may not hide my gifts or delay using them.  I pray that I can
proudly use my gifts for the good of those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Amy ask for  a special intention, a Deacon who underwent surgery for his
cancer, may he recover soon. Mother asks prayers for her youngest daughter
who is out of work and is struggling with her recovery from addictions.
Mother begs for prayers and miracle for married daughter who is victim of
domestic violence.

Sue asks for prayers for her mother-in-law, as she starts her cancer
treatments. A member asks prayers for Father Pat, that the bleeding in his
eye may stop and that he may regain vision. Richard asks prayers for his
grandson who has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.