<MP>Monday, 24 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:23:21 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
As you know, I was diagnosed this Summer with Multiple Myeloma. I'll be
undergoing a Stem Cell Transplant at Mayo Clinic in Rochester during the
month of December. This is not the "fetal stem cell" transplant the Church
opposes, since it is necessary to destroy a life in order to obtain the stem
cells. The stem cells will come from my own blood.  I'll be evaluated the
first week of December, then receive injections to increase the number of
stem cells and send them into the blood.  Then I'll be connected to machines
five hours a day, when blood will be drawn and stem cells taken out. The
stem cells will be frozen and I'll be given massive doses of Chemo.  Then
the stem cells will be reintroduced.  The hope is that they'll start
producing healthy blood cells.  When resistance returns, I'll be able to
return home.  I should have Internet access during this time, and should be
able to send Morning Prayer myself.  Keep me in your prayers and know you're
remembered in mine as well!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Andrew Dung-Lac and Companions
St. Andrew was one of 117 martyrs who met death in Vietnam between 1820 and
1862. Members of this group were beatified on four different occasions
between 1900 and 1951. Now all have been canonized by Pope John Paul II. For
more, follow the link below:

Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face. ~Psalm 24

He said, "I tell you truly, this poor widow put in more than all the rest;
for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth, but she,
from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood." ~Luke 21:1-4

On this Monday after the Feast of Christ the King we hear of a beautiful
example of someone truly living with Christ as her king. The poor widow that
put a small kind in the collection box gave more than all those who gave
from their surplus.  She, from her poverty, has offered her whole
livelihood.  As we strive to live with Christ as our King, we can ask God to
help us be outrageously generous.

I pray that I may live with Christ as my King.  I pray that God will help me
be more generous than I ever have been.