<MP>Monday, 24 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:15:10 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
The Dollar vs. the Euro -  Good news for travelers ... the Euro is not at
about $1.25 compared with $1.60 on 31 December
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi (1566-1607)
Mystical ecstasy is the elevation of the spirit to God in such a way that
the person is aware of this union with God while both internal and external
senses are detached from the sensible world. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi was so
generously given this special gift of God that she is called the "ecstatic
saint." She was born into a noble family in Florence in 1566. The normal
course would have been for Catherine de Pazzi to have married wealth and
enjoyed comfort, but she chose to follow her own path. At nine she learned
to meditate from the family confessor. She made her first Communion at the
then-early age of 10 and made a vow of virginity one month later. When 16,
she entered the Carmelite convent in Florence because she could receive
Communion daily there. Catherine had taken the name Mary Magdalene and had
been a novice for a year when she became critically ill. Death seemed near
so her superiors let her make her profession of vows from a cot in the
chapel in a private ceremony. Immediately after, she fell into an ecstasy
that lasted about two hours. This was repeated after Communion on the
following 40 mornings. These ecstasies were rich experiences of union with
God and contained marvelous insights into divine truths.

Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him
now yet you believe in him, you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious
joy, as you attain the goal of faith, the salvation of your souls.  ~1 Peter
1:3-9

They were exceedingly astonished and said among themselves, "Then who can be
saved?" Jesus looked at them and said,
"For men it is impossible, but not for God. All things are possible for
God." ~Mark 10:17-27

All things are possible for God! Sometimes we try to accomplish things on
our own.  Often that doesn't work out very well.  God can do all things.
How much better things go when we realize this and allow God to do for us
what we could never do for ourselves.

I pray that I may trust that God can accomplish all things. I pray that I
may use God's strength to do His work and His will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Debbie asks for prayers for her aunt who has back problems. Joan asks
prayers for a special intention. Mark ask prayers for all his children as
they each struggle with different problems at this stage of their lives, may
they turn to God for his wisdom and peace.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for a very close friend of she and her
husband who is having a battery of tests done to determine where lies his
problem that doctors may find the answers and come to a good resolution.
Frances asks prayers for a special intention.

Ray asks prayers for a successful PSA test after radiation therapy. A
Grandma asks prayers for 2 granddaughters to have respect for their Mother.
Gen asks prayers for two friends who are very ill.