<MP>Monday, 24 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:33:24 -0600

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
Visit my Christmas page for new desktop wallpaper, our Christmas card to
you, lots of Christmas links and much more.  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Christmas at Greccio
What better way to prepare for the arrival of the Christ Child than to take
a brief journey to Greccio, the spot in central Italy where St. Francis of
Assisi created the first Christmas crib in the year 1223. Francis, recalling
a visit he had made years before to Bethlehem, resolved to create the manger
he had seen there. The ideal spot was a cave in nearby Greccio. He would
find a baby (we're not sure if it was a live infant or the carved image of a
baby), hay upon which to lay him, an ox and an ass to stand beside the
manger. Word went out to the people of the town. At the appointed time they
arrived carrying torches and candles.  For more, click the link below:

will raise up your heir after you, sprung from your loins, and I will make
his Kingdom firm. I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me.
Your house and your Kingdom shall endure forever before me; your throne
shall stand firm forever.'  ~2 Sm 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16

In the tender compassion of our God the dawn from on high shall break upon
us, to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to
guide our feet into the way of peace."  ~Luke 1:67-79

Time draws near.  Into the midst of the darkness light will come.  In the
tender compassion of our God the dawn from on high shall break upon us, to
shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide
our feet into the way of peace.

I pray that I may welcome Jesus with great joy and hope.  I pray that I may
know that He needs to be with me in my weakness, fear and darkness the very
most.  I pray that I may know that I will never be alone!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mother requests prayers for her son and his wife to mend their way to
openness of their marriage vows. Tom and Barbara ask prayers for a special
intention. Joyce asks for prayers for her daughter who needs healing from
cancer, strength for chemo, miracles. Tony asks prayers for his wife who has
breast cancer. Beverly asks for prayers for a couple whose son was born 23
weeks premature and is having trouble breathing.