<MP>Monday, 24 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:02:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L
Our School starts on Monday, 31 August.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Bartholomew
In the New Testament, Bartholomew is mentioned only in the lists of the
apostles. Some scholars identify him with Nathanael, a man of Cana in
Galilee who was summoned to Jesus by Philip. Jesus paid him a great
compliment: "Here is a true Israelite. There is no duplicity in him" (John
1:47b). When Nathanael asked how Jesus knew him, Jesus said, "I saw you
under the fig tree" (John 1:48b). Whatever amazing revelation this involved,
it brought Nathanael to exclaim, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the
King of Israel" (John 1:49b). But Jesus countered with, "Do you believe
because I told you that I saw you under the fig tree? You will see greater
things than this" (John 1:50b).  For more, follow the link below:

Your friends make known, O Lord, the glorious splendor of your Kingdom.
~Psalm 145

Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the one about whom Moses
wrote in the law, and also the prophets, Jesus son of Joseph, from
Nazareth." But Nathanael said to him, "Can anything good come from
Nazareth?" Philip said to him, "Come and see." ~John 1:45-51

"Come and see."  It could take something extraordinary to prompt us to give
another look to family members and those we think we know well.  Yet, God
can do extraordinary things through them.  We can open our eyes and our ears
to see and listen, then marvel at what we learn.  We can give them another
chance.  "Come and see."

I pray that I may not miss the Lord talking to me and working in my life. I
pray that I may not see the messenger as so familiar and plain that I don't
recognize the voice of God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Marie requests prayers for a young expectant mother whose husband has been
diagnosed with a very serious form of brain cancer.  Brian asks prayers for
a special intention.  Helen asks prayers for her son who may lose his job
due to budget cuts. Jessica requests prayers for her daughter who has
applied for several jobs, that she will hired by one of them.