<MP>Monday, 22 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:29:25 -0500

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Peter of Alcantara (1499-1562)

"Abraham did not doubt God's promise in unbelief; rather, he was empowered
by faith and gave glory to God and was fully convinced that what God had
promised he was also able to do."  ~ Romans 4:20-25

"Take care to guard against all greed, for though one may be rich, one's
life does not consist of possessions." ~Luke 12:13-21

It is difficult to trust in God's promise when it is long in coming.  We can
become distracted by easy fixes, even thinking that the things of this world
will satisfy our needs.  Time and time again we find out that possessions
are not so very important in our lives.

I pray that I may realize that things may not satisfy my deepest longing.  I
pray that only God can fill those hungers and bring me the peace and
fulfillment I seek.