<MP>Monday, 22 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:00:56 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Yesterday we ran out of Air Tickets from LA CROSSE.  Gary, of Pentecost
Tours, and I decided to try to procure more La Crosse tickets, expecting
that there would be an additional cost of $350-$500. We hit a lucky moment,
and were able to get TEN ADDITIONAL LA CROSSE TICKETS AT THE SAME PRICE.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Nicholas Owen (d. 1606)
Nicholas, familiarly known as "Little John," was small in stature but big in
the esteem of his fellow Jesuits. Born at Oxford, this humble artisan saved
the lives of many priests and laypersons in England during the penal times
(1559-1829), when a series of statutes punished Catholics for the practice
of their faith. Over a period of about 20 years he used his skills to build
secret hiding places for priests throughout the country. His work, which he
did completely by himself as both architect and builder, was so good that
time and time again priests in hiding were undetected by raiding parties. He
was a genius at finding, and creating, places of safety: subterranean
passages, small spaces between walls, impenetrable recesses. At one point he
was even able to mastermind the escape of two Jesuits from the Tower of
London. Whenever Nicholas set out to design such hiding places, he began by
receiving the Holy Eucharist, and he would turn to God in prayer throughout
the long, dangerous construction process. After many years at his unusual
task, he entered the Society of Jesus and served as a lay brother,
although-for very good reasons-his connection with the Jesuits was kept
secret.

Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my
side. ~Psalm 23

Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I do testify on my own behalf, my
testimony can be verified, because I know where I came from and where I am
going. ~John 8:12-20

Jesus speaks the truth, but so many don't listen. They refuse to believe
that He is the light of the world and that the Father has sent Him.  Their
disbelief is unfortunate and does not lead them to a good place.  The stage
is being set for his arrest and crucifixion.

I pray that I may know that Jesus is the light of the world.  I pray that I
may open my ears and my heart to Him and accept Him as my Savior.