<MP>Monday, 22 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:27:25 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Blessed Jacopone da Todi (d. 1306)
Jacomo, or James, was born a noble member of the Benedetti family in the
northern Italian city of Todi. He became a successful lawyer and married a
pious, generous lady named Vanna.

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

Mary said: “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit
rejoices in God my savior. for he has looked upon his lowly servant. From
this day all generations will call me blessed: the Almighty has done great
things for me,  and holy is his Name. ~Luke 1:46-56

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

During these few days before the birth of Jesus we can connect with Mary,
on the road, always from family and friends, relying on God and her
husband Joseph. We recall too, how she spent three months helping her
cousin Elizabeth when  they were both pregnant.  Mary knew how blessed she
was and said, “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit
rejoices in God my savior.”

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

As I prepare for the birth of Jesus I can appreciated the blessedness of
Mary, by also how blessed I am.  I pray that I may open myself to allow
Jesus to be born in my heart, and that I may echo Mary’s words, “My soul
proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior!"

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10