<MP>Monday, 21 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:20:33 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

S U R G E R Y    T O D A Y
My right eye will be removed at Mayo in Rochester on Monday, 21 April. There
will be six weeks of healing before a prosthetic eye will be installed, and
that should be it!   Thanks to the many of you who sent notes promising
prayers. Your prayers are precious to me. I know the my problem pales in
comparison to many you face daily. Be assured of my continued prayerful
concern and support as well!

St. Anselm (1033-1109)
Indifferent toward religion as a young man, Anselm became one of the
Church's greatest theologians and leaders. He received the title "Father of
Scholasticism" for his attempt to analyze and illumine the truths of faith
through the aid of reason.  For more, click the link below:

The Apostles Barnabas and Paul tore their garments when they heard this and
rushed out into the crowd, shouting, "Men, why are you doing this? We are of
the same nature as you, human beings. We proclaim to you good news that you
should turn from these idols to the living God, who made heaven and earth
and sea and all that is in them.  ~Acts 14:5-18

Jesus said to his disciples: "Whoever has my commandments and observes them
is the one who loves me. Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I
will love him and reveal myself to him."  ~John 14:21-26

Paul and Barnabas find themselves in danger.  They can't believe that both
Gentiles and Jews are against them.  Yet they hold firm to their beliefs and
encourage the people to turn from their idols and toward the living God.
Jesus asks his followers to observe the commandments, then promises to send
the Holy Spirit as their helper.  They will not be alone.

I pray that I may turn away from anything that draws me away from my faith
in God.  I pray that I may observe God's commandments and open myself to
receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bettye asks prayers for her daughter, who is having thyroid surgery on
Tuesday that no cancer be found and that her recuperation goes perfectly. A
member asks prayers that he has a safe flight back to R.I. and that he get
relief from his loneliness and his depression.  A member asks prayers for a
family member who will be undergoing surgery this coming week.

Deborah requests a prayer for her father who is undergoing surgery on Monday
to repair a hole is his heart, and continued recovery from the stroke caused
by the blood clots resulting from that hole. Mary asks prayers for her
brother who has multiple serious health problems - that his tests this week
will come back negative for kidney cancer; and that her friends will have
successful surgery; and for Fr. Pat's successful surgery & smooth recovery.
Leeanne asks prayers as she faces depression after the loss of her sister.