<MP>Monday, 20 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:58:31 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.
Interested in a reasonable way to get from La Crosse (Onalaska) to
Minneapolis?  e-mail Father Pat at:  frpat@xxxxxxxxx

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of
his sufferings by becoming like him in his death,  if somehow I may attain
the resurrection from the dead.  Not that I have already obtained this or
have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because
Christ Jesus has made me his own."  ~Philippians 3:10-12

We need not dwell too much on the mistakes, faults and failures of the past.
We can be done with shame and remorse and contempt for ourselves. With God's
help, we can develop a new self-respect.  Unless we respect ourselves,
others will not respect us.  We ran a race, we stumbled and fell, we have
risen again and now we press on toward the goal of a better life.  We need
not stay to examine the spot where we fell, only feel sorry for the delay,
the shortsightedness that prevented us from seeing the real goal sooner.

I pray that I may not look back.  I pray that I may keep picking myself up
and making a fresh start each day.

Sandy asks prayers for her father-in-law whose bladder cancer has returned,
for healing. Ula asks for prayers for my sister who has sarcoma and the
therapy is too much for her. Frieda asks prayers for safe travel for her
family. Jan asks prayers for good results from medical tests she will have
on Tuesday.