<MP>Monday, 19 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:46:29 -0600

L E N T    A T    F A T H E R   P A T ' S    P L A C E

My Lent page is up and running, a few days early.  The can give those of you
with Web Sites who'd like to link to my resources some time to get ready.
You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an Examination of Conscience and
even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Lenten regulations are there too, along with
a complete schedule of Services and Activities.  Be sure to visit our
ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE CROSS.  I've written them for children and adults
alike.  They've been newly illustrated this year by the 4th Graders at our
own Saint Patrick's School and are available in English and Spanish as well.
Just follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"The one who endures to the end will be saved."  ~Matthew 10:22

How many of the world's prayers have gone unanswered because those who
prayed did not endure to the end?  Sometimes we feel like it's too late,
that we need to act for ourselves, that God is not going to guide us. "The
one who endures to the end will be saved."  Can I endure to the very end?  I
can try to endure with courage.  If I endure, God can unlock those secret
spiritual treasures that are missed by those who give up too soon.

I pray that I may follow God's guidance so that spiritual success shall be
mine.  I pray that I may never doubt the power of God and take things into
my own hands.

A member asks prayers that her granddaughter will listen to her parents and
seek help. Nancy from PA requests prayers of thanksgiving for two friends
who have both gotten back test results saying there is no new cancer that
they may be comforted by the good reports and have a sense of peace. Ann
asks prayers for a co-worker's wife who is in the hospital due to serious
injuries suffered in a fall.

Nancy gives thanks for successful surgery and quick recovery. Marilyn asks
prayers that her daughter may find happiness in life. A member requests
prayers for self to be willing to hand over to God her powerlessness with
her addiction. Ann asks prayers for her Grand Niece, and her future Husband
wake up; start going to Mass, and get their Marriage blessed in the Catholic
Church.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site