<MP>Monday, 19 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:43:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Blessed Luchesio and Buonadonna (d.1260)
Luchesio and his wife Buonadonna wanted to follow St. Francis as a married
couple. Thus they set in motion the Secular Franciscan Order. Luchesio and
Buonadonna lived in Poggibonzi where he was a greedy merchant. Meeting
Francis-probably in 1213-changed his life. He began to perform many works of
charity. At first Buonadonna was not as enthusiastic about giving so much
away as Luchesio was. One day after complaining that he was giving
everything to strangers, Buonadonna answered the door only to find someone
else needing help. Luchesio asked her to give the poor man some bread. She
frowned but went to the pantry anyway. There she discovered more bread than
had been there the last time she looked. She soon became as zealous for a
poor and simple life as Luchesio was. They sold the business, farmed enough
land to provide for their needs and distributed the rest to the poor.

Then they instigated some men to say, "We have heard him speaking
blasphemous words against Moses and God." They stirred up the people, the
elders, and the scribes, accosted him, seized him, and brought him before
the Sanhedrin. ~Acts 6:8-15

And when they found him across the sea they said to him, "Rabbi, when did
you get here?" Jesus answered them and said,
"Amen, amen, I say to you, you are looking for me not because you saw signs
but because you ate the loaves and were filled. Do not work for food that
perishes but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of
Man will give you.  ~John 6:22-29

In our First Reading, Stephen is assaulted with false statements, but
remains serene and peaceful. In our Gospel, Jesus sees the shallowness of
the faith of the crowds.  They don't come to him for increased as much as
they do for free food. Jesus helps them see that his Body and Blood will
provide food that endures for eternal life.

I pray that I may be serene and peaceful, even when my live is complicated
and painful. I pray that I may receive Jesus in the Eucharist, knowing that
I receive his true Body and Blood that endure for eternal life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Gin asks prayers for a special intention. Nancy from PA requests prayers for
a stranger she met when dining out who was to have a bone biopsy today and
she told her she would pray for her and that she have a good outcome with
her tests. Terry asks prayers for a special intention.

Susanne asks prayers for her husband who is ill, to accept his illness and
to find God in his life through his family, and for peace of mind and good
health. Dorothy asks prayers for her sister in CA, that she find living
quarters, and good steady employment.

A Member requests prayers for her Granddaughter who is in second grade and
has been teased, for ADD that she will receive all the she needs from the
school, therapy, etc. Alvina asks prayers for a special intention.

A member requests prayers for her brother and her son who are both looking
for jobs, that God will guide in their search for work, and that they will
not lose faith during this time. A member requests prayers for her cousin
who has an upcoming interview, that she successfully gains employment. Joie
asks prayers for a boy who is 12 years old, and has cancer.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.