<MP>Monday, 18 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:05:42 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I will give you the treasures of darkness and riches hidden in secret
places, so that you may know that it is I, the LORD, the God of Israel, who
call you by your name.   ~Isaiah 45:3

"I will give you the treasures of darkness and riches hidden in secret
places, so that you may know that it is I, the LORD, the God of Israel, who
call you by your name."  We can dwell for a moment each day in a secret
place, the place of communion with God, apart from the world, and there
receive strength to face the world.  Material things cannot intrude upon
this secret place, they cannot not ever find it, because it is outside the
realm of material things.  When we abide in this secret place, we are under
the shadow of the Almighty.  God is close to us in this quiet place of
communion.  Each day, we can dwell for a while in this secret place.

.=:  P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may renew my strength in quietness.  I pray that I may find
rest in quiet communion with God.

Mary asks prayers for her granddaughter going away to school.  Beverly asks
prayers of thanksgiving to Father Pat and his daily blessings. Mary asks
prayers for her grandson who is having a hard time in Kindergarten due to
disabilities.

Don asks prayers for his wife's recovery from her operation and for his son
who has addictions and is in a Psychiatric ward. Marleen asks for prayers
for her son-in-law who passed away on Saturday. Rosaleen asks prayers for
her friend's father-in-law who was admitted to a hospital yesterday with a
brain hemorrhage.

Susan humbly requests personal healing of multiple myeloma. Susan asks
prayers for several intentions.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm