<MP>Monday, 18 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 12:21:57 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John I (d. 526)
Pope John I inherited the Arian heresy, which denied the divinity of Christ.
Italy had been ruled for 30 years by an emperor who espoused the heresy,
though he treated the empire's Catholics with toleration. His policy changed
at about the time the young John was elected pope. When the eastern emperor
began imposing severe measures on the Arians of his area, the western
emperor forced John to head a delegation to the East to soften the measures
against the heretics. Little is known of the manner or outcome of the
negotiations-designed to secure continued toleration of Catholics in the
West.  For more, follow the link below:

After she and her household had been baptized, she offered us an invitation,
"If you consider me a believer in the Lord,
come and stay at my home," and she prevailed on us. ~Acts 16:11-15

"I have told you this so that you may not fall away. They will expel you
from the synagogues; in fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you
will think he is offering worship to God. They will do this because they
have not known either the Father or me. I have told you this so that when
their hour comes you may remember that I told you."  ~John 15:26-16:4a

The early Church was faced with many challenges and persecutions. Still,
those who believed were steadfast in that belief. But they knew that they
were doing right, and that the Lord was with them.  The Lord is with us too,
and calls us to be courageous and steadfast in our lives.

I pray that I may always remember the Lord's presence with me.  I pray that
I may be courageous and steadfast in my faith and through my example, that I
may lead more people to the Lord.