<MP>Monday, 18 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:12:40 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a
while."  ~Mark 6:31

The spiritual life has two parts.  One is the life apart, the life of prayer
and quiet communion with God.  We spend this part of our life apart with
God.  Every day our mind can be set in the right direction so that our
thoughts will be of the right kind.  The other is the life impart--imparting
to others what we have learned from our own meditative experience.  The
victories we have won over ourselves through the help of God can be shared
with others.  we can help them by imparting to them some of the victory and
security which we have gained in our life apart.

I pray that I may grow strong from my times apart with God.  I pray that I
may pass on some of this strength to others.

Dorothy asks prayers for her husband who has diabetes. Kathy asks prayers
for a special intention. A mother asks for prayers for her daughter and son
who are camping and kayaking in the boundary waters, that they will be safe.

Marian asks prayers for a special intention. A mother asks prayers for two
special intentions. Donna asks for prayers for her Grandmother who broke her
hip, that she may rest comfortably. Nancy asks for prayers that God will
guide and protect her son as he moves out West to find a new job.

Beverly asks prayers for a special intention. Wellington requests prayers
for his eldest Son, who has issues with mental health. Helen-Ann asks
prayers for a special intention. Jeanie asks prayers for a special
intention.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site