<MP>Monday, 18 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:35:46 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed John of Fiesole (c. 1400-1455)
The patron of Christian artists was born around 1400 in a village
overlooking Florence. He took up painting as a young boy and studied under
the watchful eye of a local painting master. He joined the Dominicans at
about age 20, taking the name Fra Giovanni. He eventually came to be known
as Fra Angelico, perhaps a tribute to his own angelic qualities or maybe the
devotional tone of his works. For more, follow the link below:

"O LORD, we are shamefaced, like our kings, our princes, and our fathers,
for having sinned against you. But yours, O Lord, our God, are compassion
and forgiveness! Yet we rebelled against you and paid no heed to your
command, O LORD, our God, to live by the law you gave us through your
servants the prophets." ~ Daniel 9:4b-10

"For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to
you."  ~ Luke 6:36-38

Sometimes we rebel against God, paying little or no attention to the law He
gave us. We can be cunning, cruel and unforgiving of others.  Yet Jesus
calls us to "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Stop judging and
you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be condemned.
Forgive and you will be forgiven."  We can remember that the measure with
which we measure will in return be measured out to us.

I pray that I can remember God's love for me, turn back to Him and follow
His law.  I pray that I may be merciful and forgiving, not judgmental and
condemning.  I pray that I may be happy to receive God's forgiveness to the
extent that I forgive those who have harmed me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dorothy asks prayers for her daughter in law who has a sore that is no
healing in her leg also for her daughter who had wrist surgery. Claire asks
prayers for a friend who is recovering from breast cancer surgery. Catherine
asks for prayers for her healing.

Jim requests prayers for himself for a personal intention. Jaynie asks for
prayers for husband who is undergoing medical tests and that his job remain
secure. Pat asks prayers for his son who is an alcoholic and alone in a
foreign land.

Holly asks prayers for her friend whose cancer has spread and not responded
to Chemo. A member asks prayers that Father Pat may continue to recover and
that his parish Mission goes well this week.