<MP>Monday, 17 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:38:50 -0500 (CDT)

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

C O M P U T E R    C E N T E R   C L O S E D

Sorry, the computer center at Mass. General was closed Saturday and
Sunday, so there was no Morning Prayer.  At any rate, here's Morning
Prayer for today.  And tomorrow's is on the way!

L A S T    D O C T O R    V I S I T    I N    B O S T O N

I just had another appointment with Dr. Kim.  The pressure is still high
in the eye that had surgery. because bleeding from the tumor continued.
She gave me two more eyedrops ... making 5.  She says she's pretty sure it
will settle down.  She also ordered more ultrasounds and read them.  She
says the tumor itself is causing no concern. She gave me the name of a
doctor in Rochester to see in two or three weeks.  She wants to see me
again in 3-6 months.  Looking forward to coming home tomorrow!

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

From Today's Mass . . .

"Beloved: First of all I ask that supplications, prayers, petitions and
thanksgivings be offered for everyone, for kings and for all in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all devotion an dignity."
~St. Paul to Timothy 2:1

"I did not conisider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and
let my servant be healed."  ~Luke 7

S T .    R O B E R T    B E L L A R M I N E

Robert Bellarmin e was bron in 1542 in Tuscany.  He entered the Jesuits
and was ordained a priest.  He defended the Catholic faith brilliantly.
He also taught theology in the Roman College.  He was elected to the
College of Cardinals and was named a bishop.  He helped solve many
pressing questions in the Church.  He died in 1621.

When the centurion who had a sick slave approached Jesus for healing, he
did so with great faith.  Although Jesus offered to come with him, the
centurion said "I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof." Jesus,
impressed with the faith of the centurion, healed the slave. In our lives
we can have the same kind of humility.  We do not have to cower before the
Lord, but can know His love for us and the healing He offers. Our prayers
can be offered for everyone as we trust that the Lord is with us always.

I pray that I may trust in the Lord with all my heart.  I pray that my
stance before God may be one of humility, trust and faith.