<MP>Monday, 17 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:49:01 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21
November 2008. $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The
brochure is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross, in English and Spanish as well.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

St. Patrick (415?-493?)
Legends about Patrick abound; but truth is best served by our seeing two
solid qualities in him: He was humble and he was courageous. The
determination to accept suffering and success with equal indifference
guided the life of God?s instrument for winning most of Ireland for
Christ.

Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased,
Upon whom I have put my Spirit; he shall bring forth justice to the
nations, Not crying out, not shouting, not making his voice heard in the
street. A bruised reed he shall not break, and a smoldering wick he shall
not quench, Until he establishes justice on the earth; the coastlands will
wait for his teaching. ~ Isaiah 42:1-7

The large crowd of the Jews found out that he was there and came,not only
because of him, but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead.
And the chief priests plotted to kill Lazarus too, because many of the
Jews were turning away and believing in Jesus because of him. ~ John
12-1-11

Jesus came as a humble servant.  He strove to bring about justice on the
earth in most gentle and compassionate ways.  Still, he is hunted and
judged by those who had power, because of their own self-interest and
intrigue.  Will we follow them, or embrace Jesus with all our hearts?

I pray that, as I strive to walk in His footsteps, I may embrace Jesus as
humble servant who continues to work for justice, then peace.  I pray that
I may not become distracted by the vaues and intrigues of the world, but
may follow Jesus and keep God in the number one position in my life.