<MP>Monday, 16 October 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:43:58 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

A T   F A L L    C L E R G Y    C O N F E R E N C E

I'm at our Diocesan Fall Clergy Conference in Wisconsin Rapids.  I'll return
late on Tuesday, 17 October.  Morning Prayer for Monday and Tuesday is sent
out in advance for that reason.  Keep us in your prayers as we gather with
our Bishop.  You'll be in my prayers as well!

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit
within me.  Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not   take
your holy spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and
sustain in me a willing spirit.  Then I will teach transgressors
your ways, and sinners will return to you.   ~Psalm 51:10-13

If our hearts are right, our world will be right.  The beginning   of
all reform must be in ourselves.  It's not what happens to us,   it's
how we take it. however restricted our circumstances, however little we
may be able to remedy financial affairs, we can always turn   to our
inward self and, seeing something not in order there, seek to right it.  And
as all reform is from within outward, we will always find that the outward
is improved as the inward is improved.  As we improve ourselves, our outward
circumstances will change for the better. The power released from within
ourselves can change our outward lives.

  .=:  P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that the hidden power within me may be released.  I pray that I may
not imprison the spirit that is within me.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm