<MP>Monday, 16 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:01:30 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I
Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for
a complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow
the link from:  www.frpat.com

A    L I T T L E    S U R G E R Y
When I was at Mayo I had abdominal surgery, since my intestines were not
getting blood. The problem somehow corrected itself and all is well with
that.  Now though, I have an incisional hernia.  Dr. Skemp says it's
likely that some stitches gave way, and that this is not uncommon. So,
I'll be having surgery to repair the hernia.  It's scheduled for 18
November, likely at 7:30 a.m. Dr. Skemp says I should plan to be in the
hospital for two or three days.  He also says I probably won't be able to
Celebrate Mass publically for two or three weeks. Keep me in your prayers
and know you?re remembered in mine as well!

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Margaret of Scotland (1050?-1093)
Margaret of Scotland was a truly liberated woman in the sense that she was
free to be herself. For her, that meant freedom to love God and serve
others. Not Scottish by birth, Margaret was the daughter of Princess
Agatha of Hungary and the Anglo-Saxon Prince Edward Atheling. She spent
much of her youth in the court of her great-uncle, the English king,
Edward the Confessor. Her family fled from William the Conqueror and was
shipwrecked off the coast of Scotland. King Malcolm befriended them and
was captivated by the beautiful, gracious Margaret. They were married at
the castle of Dunfermline in 1070.  For more, follow the link below:

Then Jesus stopped and ordered that he be brought to him; and when he came
near, Jesus asked him, ?What do you want me to do for you?? He replied,
?Lord, please let me see.? Jesus told him, ?Have sight; your faith has
saved you.? He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving
glory to God. When they saw this, all the people gave praise to God. ~Luke
18:35-43

"Lord, please let me see."  How important vision is.  Physical vision is
important, but also spiritual vision. How wonderful it is when we're able
to see and appreciate the things that will last and work for them.

I pray that I may see.  I pray that I may value the things that last for
ever and invest myself in them.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!