<MP>Monday, 16 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:25:09 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S A I N T    P A T R I C K  /  S A I N T    J O S E P H
Visit my "March Saints" page for lots more about Saint Patrick (17 March)
and Saint Joseph (19 March).  Just follow the banner link!

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Clement Mary Hofbauer (1751-1820)
Clement might be called the second founder of the Redemptorists, as it was
he who carried the congregation of St. Alphonsus Liguori to the people north
of the Alps.  For more, follow the link below:

But his servants came up and reasoned with him. "My father," they said, "if
the prophet had told you to do something extraordinary, would you not have
done it? All the more now, since he said to you, 'Wash and be clean,' should
you do as he said." So Naaman went down and plunged into the Jordan seven
times at the word of the man of God. His flesh became again like the flesh
of a little child, and he was clean. ~2 Kings 5:1-15ab

Jesus said to the people in the synagogue at Nazareth: "Amen, I say to you,
no prophet is accepted in his own native place. ~Luke 4:24-30

God doesn't ask us to stand on our heads and sing!  The prophet in our First
Reading gave solid direction, but Naaman expected something flashier or
different.  Jesus said, "No prophet is accepted in his own native place."
It is said that and expert has to live 100 miles away before he or she is
seen as an expert even today. We can sometimes miss God's call ... to love
Him above all things and our neighbor as ourselves ... to forgive as we'd
like to be forgiven, etc. God's call is simple and constant.  And how much
better things are if we follow it.

I pray that I may listen to God's call in my life.  I pray that I may not
look for something flashier or more difficult, but that I may accept and
follow God's call as it comes to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Marie requests prayers for her daughter and son-in-law as they work through
stressful marital problems and that they continue to integrate the Lord into
the process. Dorothy asks prayers for a special intention. Teresa requests
prayers for her fifth graders who have one more week of state testing.

Peter asks prayers for his wife as she recovers from knee replacement
surgery. A member requests prayers for successful surgery on Wednesday.