<MP>Monday, 16 July 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 08:56:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007

Early Sign-Up Deadline ends on 27 July.
Sign up now and save $100!

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1826.

S I N G L E    T R A V E L E R S

Our trips are very friendly to single travelers.  We've had lots over the
years.  There are some signed up for this trip already.  Pentecost Tours
cannot make guarantees, but will do all they can to find roommates for
single travelers wanting one.  Some singles prefer to stay in a room by
themselves.  The single supplement this time is $45 a night for the nights
we actually spend in the Holy Land.  I believe that's ten nights this time.

W H Y    I S    T H E    P R I C E    S O    L  O W ?

Another priest from our Diocese is leading a similar trip.  It costs $1000
more than ours.  Pentecost Tours does not quote a price until they negotiate
with hotels and airlines.  It's easy to quote a high price, knowing that a
company can do it for that.  It's much harder to be accurate.  This year we
negotiated in dollars, so the devaluation of the dollar as compared to the
Euro wont create a problem and an extra charge.  The price of accommodations
is locked in - in dollars. If you'd like to read comments from travelers on
former trips, just click here:
       http://frpat.com/pilgrims_comments.htm

Q U E S T I O N S ?

If you have questions that can be answered by Pentecost Tours, just call
them at:
   1 800 713-9800

If you have questions I can answer, e-mail me at frpat@xxxxxxxxxx
My personal cell phone number is: 608 769-4200

S I G N    U P    N O W !

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. It would be a great memory to be able
to say you signed up during Holy Week! Gary, from Pentecost Tours, says the
Holy Land has been their most popular destination!  And if you've never
taken a Pentecost Tour, you won't believe the quality, attention to detail,
and organization.  Coupled with the low price, it doesn't get any better
than this! The basic cost this year is $2499 from JFK Airport in New York or
$2599 from Minneapolis.  That's $300 less than last year's trip. Just follow
the link from:

       www.frpat.com

We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage!

In this weekend's Scriptures we hear a great deal about John the Baptist.
He is the one who Baptized Jesus in the Jordan River.  We'll visit that holy
River and so many other holy sites.  We'll renew our own Baptism Vows in the
same river where John baptized Jesus himself!

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you think you may be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can
keep track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.  From the end of the earth I call
to you, when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I;
for you are my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.  Let me abide in
your tent forever, find refuge under the shelter of your wings."  ~Psalm
61:1-4

Like the shadow of a great rock in a desert land, God can be our refuge from
the ills of life.  The old hymn says, "Rock of ages, cleft for me, let me
hide myself in Thee."  God can be our shelter from the storm. His power can
protect us from every temptation and defeat. We can try to feel God's divine
power--call on it--accept it-- and use it.  Armed with that power, we can
face anything.  Each day, we can seek safety in God's secret place, in
communion with him.  We cannot be wholly touched or seriously harmed there.
God can always be our refuge.

I pray that I may find a haven in the thought of God.  I pray that I may
abide in that secret place, in communion with God.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.