<MP>Monday, 15 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:12:58 -0500

F A L L    C L E R G Y    C O N F E R E N C E  /  S U R G E R Y
I will be at our Diocesan Fall Clergy Conference in Wisconsin Rapids on
Monday and Tuesday.  On Wednesday I'll have eye surgery at Mayo Clinic in
Rochester. Prayer intentions will not be accepted these days, since Morning
Prayer has already been prepared.  Know that you'll be very much in my
thoughts and that I'll pray for your intentions.  Keep me in your prayers as
well!

T H I S    W E E K E N D    E R R O R
Sorry that I inadvertently sent the "This Weekend" post to the wrong address
this morning.  At any rate, it comes out once a week. If you like it, you
can subscribe easily right here:  www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm.  Don't
worry though, you won't receive another unsolicited copy ... unless I mess
up again some day.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Teresa of Avila (1515-1582)
Teresa was a woman, a contemplative and an active reformer. She became a
Carmelite despite the resistance of her father. Her conversion was a
difficult life-long process. Besides reforming herself she worked hard at
bringing her Religious Order back to observance of its Rule. In 1970 the
Church gave her the title "Doctor of the Church."  Read more about Teresa
here:

"Through him we have received the grace of apostleship, to bring about the
obedience of faith, for the sake of his name, among all the Gentiles, among
whom are you also, who are called to belong to Jesus Christ." ~Romans 1:1-7

"The Lord has made known his salvation." ~Psalm 98

"At the judgment the men of Nineveh will arise with this generation and
condemn it, because at the preaching of Jonah they repented, and there is
something greater than Jonah here." ~Luke 11:29-32

Saint Teresa worked so hard to perfect herself and her Order. Through Christ
Jesus we have received the grace of apostleship. We can heed the call of
Jesus.  We can come closer to Jesus as we strive to follow His call in our
lives.

I pray that I may use my gifts and talents generously.  I pray that I may
accept Jesus call in my life and make known the salvation He won for us.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Sandra asks prayers for a friend's 15-year-old daughter who has a mental
illness. Peggy asks for prayers for Father Pat's surgery to go well and for
decisions made concerning her daughter's gall bladder surgery. Frieda asks
prayers for a special intention.

Brian, from New Jersey, requests prayer support as he will have a
Colonoscopy on Tuesday afternoon -- that God's will be done. Gwen ask
prayers for Fr. Pat's surgery and a full and speedy recovery, and
thanksgiving for his service to the e-mail readers.