<MP>Monday, 15 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:13:41 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

St. Claude la Colombière (1641-1682)
This is a special day for the Jesuits, who claim today?s saint as one of
their own. It?s also a special day for people who have a special devotion
to the Sacred Heart of Jesus?a devotion Claude la Colombière promoted,
along with his friend and spiritual companion, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque.
The emphasis on God?s love for all was an antidote to the rigorous
moralism of the Jansenists, who were popular at the time. Claude showed
remarkable preaching skills long before his ordination in 1675. Two months
later he was made superior of a small Jesuit residence in Burgundy. It was
there he first encountered Margaret Mary Alacoque. For many years after he
served as her confessor.

The brother in lowly circumstances should take pride in high standing,
and the rich one in his lowliness, for he will pass away ?like the flower
of the field." ~James 1:1-11

He sighed from the depth of his spirit and said, ?Why does this generation
seek a sign? Amen, I say to you, no sign will be given to this
generation.? ~Mark 8:11-13

We often judge ourselves by our standing in society, our job, our house or
other possessions. We need to remember that sll those this will pass away.
God calls us to work for the things that last forever.

I pray that I may not judge myself or others by social status or
possessions. I pray that I may work for the things that last forever.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.