<MP>Monday, 15 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:21:27 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

F R O M    M A Y O    C L I N I C
I moved into the Transplant House today, but there was a little setback.
I haven’t feeling good the past days and had a 102 temperature when I
arrived.  So, they’re giving me IV Antibiotics, etc. and starting the
Transplant when they have figured it out.  I’m moved into the Transplant
House now.  There’s more at my Blog.  Just follow this link:
www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.
Blessed Mary Frances Schervier (1819-1876)
This woman who once wanted to become a Trappistine nun was instead led by
God to establish a community of sisters who care for the sick and aged in
the United States and throughout the world.  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

I see him, though not now; I behold him, though not near: A star shall
advance from Jacob, and a staff shall rise from Israel. ~Numbers  24:2-7,
15-17a

When Jesus had come into the temple area.   The chief priests and the
elders of the people approached him as he was teaching and said, “By what
authority are you doing these things? And who gave you this authority?”
~Matthew 21:23-27

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Stars and staffs and authority. It all comes from God.  We can open
ourselves this joyful Season, to receive what the Lord offers us.  We can
wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior … at Christmas and at the
end of time!

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may wait in joyful hope for the coming of my Savior.  I pray
that I may not be afraid, but might know that my God is a loving God.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10