<MP>Monday, 14 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:14:38 -0500

P R I E S T    S U P P O R T
My Priest Support Group meets in Northern Wisconsin this afternoon.
Actually, some members will be together on the Lake most of the week.  I'll
return on Tuesday because of doctor appointments and some more medicine.
Keep us in your prayers.  Margie will send Morning Prayer for Tuesday in my
absence.  A note:  If you hit "respond" to send a message to Margie, it will
come right to me.  Margie's e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha (1656-1680)
The blood of martyrs is the seed of saints. Nine years after the Jesuits
Isaac Jogues and John de Brébeuf were tortured to death by Huron and
Iroquois Indians, a baby girl was born near the place of their martyrdom,
Auriesville, New York. She was to be the first person born in North America
to be beatified.  For more, follow the link below:

Your hands are full of blood! Wash yourselves clean! Put away your misdeeds
from before my eyes; cease doing evil; learn to do good. Make justice your
aim: redress the wronged, hear the orphan?s plea, defend the widow.  ~Isaiah
1:10-17

whoever gives only a cup of cold water to one of these little ones to drink
because he is a disciple? amen, I say to you, he will surely not lose his
reward.?  ~Matthew 10:34-11:1

Our Scriptures ask us to turn from our misdeeds and wash ourselves clean.
When we cease doing evil and leave to do good, then we can make justice our
aim.  We can defend the widow and orphan.  As Jesus says, "... whoever gives
only a cup of cold water to one of these little ones to drink because he is
a disciple - amen, I say to you, he will surely not lose his reward."

I pray that I may follow the Lord's path for me.  If I should stray, I pray
that I may turn from my misdeeds, redress the wronged and look out for the
needs of the little ones.  Justice is the result, and only justice leads to
peace.