<MP>Monday, 14 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:14:18 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John of the Cross (1541-1591)
John is a saint because his life was a heroic effort to live up to his
name: ?of the Cross.? The folly of the cross came to full realization in
time. ?Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his
cross, and follow me? (Mark 8:34b) is the story of John?s life. The
Paschal Mystery?through death to life?strongly marks John as reformer,
mystic-poet and theologian-priest. Ordained a Carmelite priest at 25
(1567), John met Teresa of Jesus (Avila--October 15) and like her vowed
himself to the primitive Rule of the Carmelites. As partner with Teresa
and in his own right, John engaged in the work of reform, and came to
experience the price of reform: increasing opposition, misunderstanding,
persecution, imprisonment. He came to know the cross acutely?to experience
the dying of Jesus?as he sat month after month in his dark, damp, narrow
cell with only his God!  For more, follow the link below:

I see him, though not now; I behold him, though not near: A star shall
advance from Jacob, and a staff shall rise from Israel. ~Numbers 24:2-7,
15-17a

When Jesus had come into the temple area, the chief priests and the elders
of the people approached him as he was teaching and said, ?By what
authority are you doing these things? And who gave you this authority??
~Matthew 21:23-27

Some were ready for a Messiah, others weren't.  Jesus doesn't play games
with the game-players.  He continues to do God's work and leave
speculation to others.  We can accept Him as He is and welcome Him into
our hearts without question.  And He'll come to us at Christmas ... and at
the end of time as well.

I pray that I may welcome my Lord with great simplicity.  I pray that I
may allow Him to born in my heart and allow Him to work and build His
Kingdom through me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!