<MP>Monday, 14 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:15:01 -0500

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may
have life, and have it abundantly."  ~John 10:10

We can have life and have it more abundantly--spiritual, mental, physical,
abundant life--joyous, powerful life.  These we can have if we follow the
right way.  Not all people will accept from God the gift of an abundant
life, a gift held out free to all.  Not all people care to stretch out a
hand and take it.  God's gift, the richest God has to offer, is the precious
gift of abundant life.  People often turn away from it, reject it, and will
have none of it.  We need not let this be true of us.

I pray that I may hasten to accept the gift of abundant spiritual life.  I
pray that I may live the good life to the best of my ability.

Sheila asks prayers for her close friend who is suffering deeply because of
a work problem that he is helpless to resolve on his own. Carol asks for
prayers for an elderly Uncle who is dying of Emphysema and for his wife and
family. A member asks prayers for her daughter who is undergoing many tests
and mystifying doctors.

A mother requests prayers for her children to have happy, good marriages and
reconcile their differences and be stronger in the Catholic Faith.
Elizabeth asks prayers for her mother who has cancer and prays the recent
MRI shows remission. Member ask for a prayer that she will go to her eternal
home soon, according to God's will.