<MP>Monday, 13 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:51:27 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.  Call Pentecost
      Tours for availability:  800 713-9800
   10-22 November 2008

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647-1690)
Margaret Mary was chosen by Christ to arouse the Church to a realization of
the love of God symbolized by the heart of Jesus. Her early years were
marked by sickness and a painful home situation. "The heaviest of my crosses
was that I could do nothing to lighten the cross my mother was suffering."
After considering marriage for some time, Margaret entered the Order of
Visitation nuns at the age of 24.  For more, follow the link below:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

While still more people gathered in the crowd, Jesus said to them, "This
generation is an evil generation; it seeks a sign, but no sign will be given
it, except the sign of Jonah. Just as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites,
so will the Son of Man be to this generation. ~Luke 11:29-32

The history of God and His people repeats itself over and over again. When
things are going poorly, we draw near to God.  When they're going well
sometimes we forget. And sometimes we seek a sign of some kinds.  Jesus says
that no sign will be given, because enough already have been given.  We can
turn away from our selfishness and sinfulness and back to the Lord.  When we
are following in the humble footsteps of Jesus Himself, then we're on the
right path.  That's not too hard for us to figure out.

I pray that I may not seek signs here and there and other places.  I pray
that both when things are going well and poorly for me, that I may follow in
the humble footsteps of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member asks prayers for his/her mother. Ken asks prayers for a co-worker's
husband who is having heart, diabetes, and kidney problems. Peg asks prayers
for a friend who has been diagnosed with a Melanoma Stage IV. George asks
prayers for a dear friend who is undergoing treatment for lung cancer.

Clare asks for prayers for a young man who is suffering from melanoma which
is spreading. Bee asks prayers for her health. Kris asks prayers for her
husband's continuous positive fight with lung cancer and for a special
intention. Maria ask prayers for niece who had baby 1 week ago having gall
bladder surgery on Oct. 13th.