<MP>Monday, 13 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:30:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Martin I (d. 655)
When Martin I became pope in 649, Constantinople was the capital of the
Byzantine empire and the patriarch of Constantinople was the most
influential Church leader in the eastern Christian world. The struggles that
existed within the Church at that time were magnified by the close
cooperation of emperor and patriarch.
A teaching, strongly supported in the East, held that Christ had no human
will. Twice emperors had officially favored this position, Heraclius by
publishing a formula of faith and Constans II by silencing the issue of one
or two wills in Christ.  For more, follow the link below:

God raised this Jesus; of this we are all witnesses. Exalted at the right
hand of God, he poured forth the promise of the Holy Spirit that he received
from the Father, as you both see and hear." ~Acts 2:14-22-33

The chief priests assembled with the elders and took counsel; then they gave
a large sum of money to the soldiers, telling them, "You are to say, 'His
disciples came by night and stole him while we were asleep.' And if this
gets to the ears of the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of
trouble." ~Matthew 28:8-15

It took Jesus' disciples some time to understand the meaning of the
Resurrection. Those in power were interested in making them believe that the
body of Jesus had been stolen.  Still, it was impossible for them to deny
the Resurrection, especially as Jesus continued to appear to them in the
days and weeks after Easter ... and as their lives completely changed.
Easter needs to be a renewal for us too, as we come to understand more
deeply what the Resurrection means to us ... and as we live changed lives
knowing the eternal life, forgiveness, and strength the Lord offers us!

I pray that I may come to a greater understanding of the Resurrection.  I
pray that my life may change, and that others may be strengthened in their
faith through knowing me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Chris asks prayers for his daughter and grandsons, that she may soon return
them to the Church in which they were baptized. Shannon requests prayers for
her Dad who is in very fragile health, that he be comforted by the Lord's
peace. Lil asks prayers for a special blessing for her friend who has
terminal cancer, and that God will give her caretaker the strength to be
there to care for her.

Lynn asks prayers for her mother who has a special need concerning housing.
Marilynn asks prayers for a special intention.