<MP>Monday, 12 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:52:59 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

L E N T  :  :  :  O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S

Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish illustrated by Saint Pat's
School 4th Graders

You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an Examination of Conscience and
even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Lenten regulations are there too, along with
a complete schedule of Services and Activities.  Be sure to visit our
ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE CROSS.  I've written them for children and adults
alike.  They've been newly illustrated this year by the 4th Graders at our
own Saint Patrick's School and are available in English and Spanish as well.
Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

M A R C H    S A I N T S

Two very important Saints have Feast Days in March ...

   Saint Patrick on March 17th
   Saint Joseph on March 19th

Visit our Saint Patrick and Saint Joseph Pages for lots of good information
on these great Saints.  You might consider joining me on our October 2004
Pilgrimage to Ireland too, and start getting excited about visiting the Land
of Saint Patrick!  Just follow the banner links from:

       www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into
barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value
than they?  And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of
life?  And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the
field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even
Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these."  ~Matthew
6:26-29

Simplicity is the keynote of a good life.  We can choose the simple things
always.  Life can become complicated if we let it be so.  We can be swamped
by difficulties if we let them take up too much of our time.  Every
difficulty can be either solved or ignored and something better substituted
for it.  We can love the humble things of life.  We can reverence the simple
things.  Our standard need not be the world's standard of wealth and power.

I pray that I may love the simple things of life.  I pray that I may keep my
life uncomplicated and free.

Don requests prayers for his wife's recovery from cancer and a son and
daughter with addiction/mental problems. Gen asks prayers that her husband
may find a call to convert. Tom is requesting prayers for the acquisition of
a new position and the sale of his house.

Lenny requests prayers for a successful second interview on Tuesday that God
may once again guide her through the process. Marilynn asks for prayers for
a special intention. Joan ask prayers for two friends with lymphoma and
Peggy who was just diagnosed with breast cancer.

A member requests prayers of thanksgiving for prayers that have been
answered and continue to be answered. Marilyn asks prayers for a special
intention.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.