<MP>Monday, 10 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 17:17:27 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Adolph Kolping (1813-1865)
The rise of the factory system in 19th-century Germany brought many single
men into cities where they faced new challenges to their faith. Father
Adolph Kolping began a ministry to them, hoping that they would not be lost
to the Catholic faith as was happening to workers elsewhere in
industrialized Europe.  For more, follow the link below:

Say to those whose hearts are frightened: Be strong, fear not! Here is your
God, he comes with vindication; With divine recompense he comes to save you.
Then will the eyes of the blind be opened, the ears of the deaf be cleared;
Then will the lame leap like a stag, then the tongue of the mute will sing.
~Isaiah 35:1-10

And some men brought on a stretcher a man who was paralyzed; they were
trying to bring him in and set him in his presence. But not finding a way to
bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him
on the stretcher through the tiles into the middle in front of Jesus.  ~Luke
5:17-26

Isaiah the prophet is our Advent dreamer who hopes in God. We prepare for
Jesus to come at Christmas and at the end of time.  Jesus fulfilled Isaiah's
dream of God being with us to bring sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf
and strength to the paralyzed. We can be edified by the friends of the
paralyzed man in today's Gospel who will go to any length to bring their
friend to Jesus, even to lowering him through the roof into the house where
Jesus was.

Today we can continue to hope as Isaiah did, knowing that God will bring our
hopes to fulfillment in the coming of His Son Jesus. We can come to Jesus
ourselves, and be creative in helping family members and friends to draw
near to Him as well.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Neil asks prayers for a remission of his niece's Lupus. Kathy is starting a
new job this week and is experiencing dizziness from an unknown source.
Martha asks prayers for her 57-year-old husband who is looking for a good
job. Don requests prayers for his family who have mental, physical and
Spiritual problems.

Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his family.
Tom and Dee ask prayers for special intentions. Julie asks for prayers for
her daughter & son-in-law who are having marital troubles. Tony asks prayers
for his wife who has breast cancer.

Mary Ann asks prayers for her grandson and all those who will return to Iraq
soon. Violet asks prayers for a special intention. Toni and Fred ask prayers
for a special intention. Lil asks prayers for someone who is having complete
replacement of both knees on Monday.

Jim requests prayers for his daughter who needs God's guidance and help, and
for his own wisdom. A member asks for prayers for her granddaughter who has
an eating disorder, that she may get the help she needs. A member requests
prayers for Mom & Dad who were in a bad car accident this afternoon. Diane
asks prayers for a special intention.