<MP>Monday, 09 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:09:27 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Frances of Rome (1384-1440)
Frances's life combines aspects of secular and religious life. A devoted and
loving wife, she longed for a lifestyle of prayer and service, so she
organized a group of women to minister to the needs of Rome's poor.
Born of wealthy parents, Frances found herself attracted to the religious
life during her youth. But her parents objected and a young nobleman was
selected to be her husband.   For more, follow the link below:

O LORD, we are shamefaced, like our kings, our princes, and our fathers, for
having sinned against you. But yours, O Lord, our God, are compassion and
forgiveness! Yet we rebelled against you and paid no heed to your command, O
LORD, our God, to live by the law you gave us through your servants the
prophets."  ~Daniel 9:4b-10

Jesus said to his disciples: "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
"Stop judging and you will not be judged.
Stop condemning and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be
forgiven. ~Luke 6:36-38

We certainly are not perfect, any more than those described in our
Scriptures today. We are not to rebel against God ... yet when we do, God is
willing to forgive and take us back. Jesus calls us to be people who are
merciful.  If we stop judging, we will not be judged.  If we forgive, we
will be forgiven as well.  It's a tall order.  May we use these days of Lent
wisely that we may become more like the people God calls us to be.

I pray that I may be compassionate and forgiving.  I pray that I may always
know God's forgiveness in my life and make good use of the second chance God
gives me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tim asks for prayers for his wife to reunite the family. A member kindly
requests prayers for her young daughter who is undergoing surgery on Monday,
that the doctors hands be led by God and that her recover may be swift. Neil
requests prayers for his wife who is experiencing severe physical and mental
problems.

Mary Kay asks prayers for her sister who is losing weight continually from
pancreatic cancer and the chemotherapy she is taking. Joan asks prayers for
a special intention. Mary asks prayers for her nephews who are seeking jobs.
Karen requests prayers for someone who was just diagnosed with bone cancer.
A mother requests prayers for her daughter to find a teaching position.