<MP>Monday, 09 July 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:43:26 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Early Sign-Up deadline is 27 July.
Save $100 and sign up now.
$2599 from Minneapolis or $2499 from JFK in New York

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is
forgotten in God's sight.  But even the hairs of your head are all counted.
Do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.  'And I tell
you, everyone who acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man also will
acknowledge before the angels of God.'"  ~Luke 12:6-8

Disillusionment and doubt can spoil life.  The doubting ones are the
disillusioned ones.  When we are in doubt, we are on the fence.  We are not
going anywhere.  Doubt can poison all action.  "Well, I don't know,"--so we
don't do anything.  We can meet life with a "Yes," an affirmative attitude.
There is good in the world and we can follow that good.  There is power
available to help us to do the right thing; therefore we can accept that
power.  There are miracles of change in people's lives, therefore we will
accept those miracles as evidence of God's power.

I pray that I may not be paralyzed by doubt.  I pray that I may go along on
the venture of faith.

Jean asks for prayers to help her in her battle against cancer. Gerry asks
prayers for a special intention. Nancy from PA requests prayers for a
chaperone, and all the other attendees from the local parish who will be
attending a conference in East Steubenville Ohio later this month that they
may garner the spiritual benefits and rewards.